Mid-Season Survey Results
Will be out shortly!
ATTENTION PLAYERS AND PARENTS!!! We are receiving a $55 discount off of the CJ MOSLEY AND MARLON BROWN FOOTBALL CAMP at Towson University in Towson, MD, July 8-11th. Use promo code TEAM2016 to receive this discount and 2 FREE football items including cleats, gloves, and more (up to $225 value)! Click the flyer below for more info or call 301-575-9400. Team discounts are also available! http://www.footballcamps.com/teamdiscount
C.J. Mosley Camp Sign Up Information:
The first link is the flyer and the second link is the signup.
Ravens Nest: Ravens Banquet Info In this addition
Ravens Spirit Wear:
Columbia Ravens Flier.jpg
Columbia Ravens Organizational Philosophy:
The Columbia Ravens as an organization believe in developing an entire age group as ONE UNIT!! By developing players as one unit, players are able to develop and grow in many ways.
- While an individual player may play at the National Level, Centennial Level, etc., practicing as ONE UNIT, players at each of the succeeding levels are built up and, thereby, increase their skill level beyond what they otherwise would have, had they not practiced against more experienced players!
- By developing the entire age group as ONE UNIT, players develop friendships with their entire peer group.
- Playing Time, Playing Time, Playing Time!!! While a player may have the skills necessary to play at the National Level, a team may be stacked with several quarterbacks or running backs which might lead to a player being a minimum play, player. The only way for a kid to develop their football skills is to get as much game-time experience as possible and have the opportunity to develop at multiple positions.
This approach has led to many former Columbia Ravens being offered scholarships to some of the top private school football programs in the Baltimore-DC Metro Area. A player that played at the Centennial Level went on to become the starting quarterback at one of these private schools because he was taught the proper fundamentals, went up against tough competition in practice and got plenty of playing time.
As one of our coaches put it in his email last week to the parents of his UNIT:
Our approach to coaching your son will be three pronged and in this particular order:
- Have fun! Enjoy the experience! Help to create positive, enjoyable memories and friendships that last a lifetime!
- Teach him how to play the game of football the right way! Build a base of solid fundamentals and sound technique!
New Board Members
Please welcome Tiffany Hoppe, Director of Cheer
Fall 2015 Registration NOW OPEN!!!!
Click here to view our calendar of events.
All Fields OPEN
Fall 2015 Registration is for football and cheer is now OPEN!
Make sure to Like our Facebook page to stay up to date on what is happening with YOUR COLUMBIA RAVENS!
Follow us - columbia.ravens.football
Sign up with RainedOut to receive notifications about game cancellations and other news.
Text CRAVENS to 84483 to receive ALL messages from Columbia Ravens.